Labour Day 2022 Forward Together, This is Our Moment
The Yukon Federation of Labour President message
To the Food Bank Society of Whitehorse and to the Women’s Transition Home – Kaushee’s Place, we generously donate.
- Every Labour Day we celebrate workers and their contributions to our communities and to our economy.
- Workers kept this country afloat while we faced one of the most challenging times in recent history.
- And while it’s important to celebrate workers, Labour Day is also an opportunity to highlight the important issues that matter most to workers across Canada.
- Workers are pushing back against the status quo.
- Canada’s unions are building on this momentum by encouraging workers to unionize and stand up to their employers and decision makers with one strong, collective voice.
On Just Transition
- It’s also time for investments in green infrastructure so workers can help build a strong economy and a clean environment.
- But the government must put workers at the center of any climate action and just transition legislation.
- We need high quality, low carbon union jobs, both inside and outside the energy sector, and pathways for displaced workers to move into those jobs.
Canada’s unions can ensure a strong future for all workers
- Too many working families can’t afford to pay for necessities, like food and housing.
- Now is the time to build strong social programs that will benefit generations to come.
- The best way forward – the only way to succeed at putting workers at the heart of Canada’s recovery plans – is together.
- As union members, we know the importance and value of solidarity.
- And we know that we are so much stronger when we work together, in common cause.
- Canada’s unions help provide stability for workers and their families.
- We’re fighting to make life more affordable for everyone.
- We proudly work alongside progressive governments, improving the lives of all workers through universal social programs and income supports.
- We fight for social justice, climate action, equality and diversity, and a better future for all.
- And at the heart of everything we do are always workers and their families.
- We’re in this together and united we will build a stronger Canada for all.
- Thank you and happy Labour Day